We were overwhelmed with incredible submissions in our first-ever Metaverse Architecture and Design Awards. Our esteemed judges are still carefully reviewing the extraordinary entries – stay tuned for finalist announcements coming soon!
about metaverse architecture and design awards
As the interior design and architecture industry set the stage for a new era of innovation, The MAD Awards celebrates the designers and architects who are pushing the limits with emerging technologies and dreaming up projects, products, and spaces for Web3.
Whether you’re building for worlds that aren’t bound by the rules of conventional projects or looking for an opportunity to showcase creative works that haven’t yet seen the light of day, the MAD Awards are for you.
It’s time to celebrate those who are building in new ways; those who embrace the creativity that comes when removing physical barriers; and those who are charting a path for the architects and designers of the next generation.
Stay tuned for updates regarding recognition for participants and finalists as well as exclusive awards for the 2023 MAD Awards winners.
- Prominent exposure across Interior Design channels reaching an audience of 9M+
- Honored during a ceremony hosted in the Metaverse
- Mentioned in an editorial feature in an upcoming issue of Interior Design
- Featured in an online gallery on InteriorDesign.net
- Receive creative assets for use on digital and print marketing materials
- Qualify for exclusive advertising opportunities with Interior Design
Deadline Extended! The final deadline to enter is January 31, 2023 (11:59 PM EST).
- $250 - Early bird (October 24 - November 27, 2022)
- $299 - Regular entry (November 28 - January 31, 2023)
- $25 - Student submissions
You can find the complete list of categories HERE.
In addition to awards in the categories, the judges will select “best in class” submissions to award the top talent designing for Web3.
- Designer of the Future: Recognizing a designer leveraging emerging technologies to push the boundaries of design.
- Firm of the Future: Recognizing a large-scale architecture and/or design firm (>50 employees) that is defining the future by bringing the most boundary-pushing work to life.
- Studio of the Future: Recognizing the small-scale design studio (<50 employees) that is defining the future by bringing the most boundary-pushing work to life.
- Digital Design Partner: Recognizing the collaborative technical studio that is creating and curating brand experiences and extending their physical presence into the virtual world.
- Innovation Award: A special award given by our jury for a project which demonstrates meaningful innovation in the crafts of architecture and design as they look to push us toward the future.
- Student of the Year: A special award given by our jury recognizing the student charting a path for others to follow in the metaverse.
Domestic and international submissions are welcome for all categories.
Submissions are open to architecture, design, and manufacturing professionals, firms, and companies using 3D tools to explore, experiment, design, and build for Web3 or in a metaverse.
All participants must be 18 years or older. Participating students must be enrolled in an academic program including; private, public, online, or homeschool for secondary school (high school); undergraduate, graduate, or vocational education program.
Projects that have been previously awarded or published are not excluded from entry.
The 2023 MAD Awards Presentation Event will take place in April of 2023.
10/24 Awards announced + submission open
11/27 Early bird entry pricing ends
1/31 Submissions close
2/6 Judging begins
March Finalists notified
April Awards event
about Interior Design
Interior Design is the global, industry-leading design publication, website, and events company serving the interior design, architectural, and facility management audiences. For over 88 years, Interior Design magazine—published by SANDOW, which builds smart businesses driven by innovation and design—has been the essential design authority for every professional, on all projects, throughout the design process.
Subscribe to Interior Design magazine
digby is on a mission to leverage emerging technology to bring iconic design to life in both the physical and digital worlds.
Focused on protecting the value of authenticity, digby was built to partner with luxury design brands to help enhance and accelerate efforts to bring sustainability and innovation stories to life. digby does this through strategic story-telling, consulting and partnerships to help brands evolve their digital presence, and turnkey solutions to protect the IP of original design on the blockchain. From the web, to the metaverse, and beyond, we collaborate with in-house teams to unlock untapped brand and business value.
A company rooted in architecture & design, founders Andrew Lane and Tessa Bain, bring together over two decades of experience in emerging technology consultation, change management, and implementation for major international organizations alongside more than a decade of experience in luxury design retail.
Learn more at meetdigby.io.